Calling all New Yorkers! We are looking for dedicated and passionate volunteers to fill the following roles for the 2016 Reveal Executive Team. Each role requires a one-year commitment. If interested, please send an email to email@example.com with the completed Reveal Application, your resume, and the name of the position you are interested in the subject line. 2016 Reveal Executive Team open positions:
Social Media Manager
Link to Executive Team Application: Reveal Application 2016
Time Commitment: 5-7 hours per week leading up to Makeover Event; 4-5 hours a month otherwise.
- Manage and lead Marketing Team including Public Relations Manager, Graphic Design Manager, Multimedia Manager, Website Manager, and Social Media Manager
- Ensures that all forms of communication go out in a manner consistent with organization’s mission
- Work closely with Program Dir. – Workshops, Program Dir. – February Event, and Dir. of Fundraising
- Create and implement one-year marketing plan according to annual goals and objectives, manages the marketing plan according to an agreed road map / delivery cycle defined at the beginning of the position term
- Oversee production of all marketing collateral, including campaign or site updates, invitations, correspondence, visual / creative assets, etc.
- Maintains and identifies opportunities for marketing optimizations, understands metrics and analytics data to grow recruitment, drive brand awareness and partnership opportunities
- Edit and monitor the online blog for the website
Requirements: Must have a background and/or experience in marketing/communications/digital advertising and excellent in verbal and written communication. Must be team-oriented, attention to details and have a network within the communications industry. Past experience in digital marketing campaigns, social media and/or nonprofit recruitment a plus.
Time Commitment: 8-9 hours per week leading up to a video edit; Otherwise, work depends on videos and multimedia elements
- Coordinate audio and visual needs at events, including securing and managing photographer and videographer
- Coordinate with Social Media Manager to upload all content onto social media platforms
Requirements: Excellent presentation skills and interpersonal skills. Experienced photographer and/or videographer. Preferred for candidate to have photography and/or videography equipment and/or access to it.
Social Media Manager
Time Commitment: 7 to 10 hours a month
- Manage organization’s web presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
- Create list of people to follow on Twitter and manage social media influencers
- Create, update and manage an editorial calendar
- Work with Public Relations Manager on social media rules for Makeover Event
- Monitor Twitter and Facebook during any Reveal events
- Create buzz around Makeover Event
- Advocate on behalf of Reveal’s mission
Requirements: Must have extensive experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Must be able to stay up-to-date with current events and issues relevant to Reveal.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a month
- Manage and lead Fundraising Team including Partnership Manager(s)
- Ensure that correspondence with donors is transparent
- Work closely with Program Dir. – Workshops, Program Dir. – February Event, and Dir. of Marketing
- Create and implement (Director approved) one-year fundraising plan
- Create forms of fundraising solicitation
Requirements: Excellent interpersonal skills, communicator, responsive and passionate to create strategic alignment and partnerships with potential like-minded organizations. Ability to pitch, connect people’s interests, identify relevant organizations that align with Reveal’s mission and values. Access to a wide range of networking opportunities, experience in business development, CSR and/or sales. Nonprofit experience a plus.
Time Commitment: 0-3 hours a month
- Assist in any legal matters/questions that arise
- Assesses risks for the organization, prepares/reviews contracts, agreements, paperwork for any certification/process that requires legal assistance
Requirements: Must have a law degree and actively practicing law in the United States.